Monday, August 20, 2018

Figure Out with Trailhead



Confusion

Earlier, I was really confused with the plethora of technologies, bombardment of frameworks [steep learning curve from XML to JSON: acute angle with 30 degree going toward 45], figuring out what is the way forward for an Integration professional and for many others like me.
Everyone, if not all, are discussing about cloud technologies, mobile & social and enterprise architecture has really gone into the Web.

What are you

Many of us asking what are we doing today and how we are going to relate to these trends. Few have figured it out and are leading communities & practices, and when you listen to them learning curve looks less steep and oh ya, we can stay at 30 degrees and you start to look for opportunities in midst of problems. Anyways, for us in the CTA journey, we have narrow it to SAAS / PAAS layer in salesforce ecosystem and enjoy the support from community, trailheads, certifications & events.

Situations

Each of us has some experience, and has attained knowledge about the ecosystem either through projects, trails and a large number of us are hitting certifications. As I am developing my learning patterns, I am understanding that salesforce ecosystem is expanding with every release, and each one of us is tackling their situation differently based on their experiences and other factors.

Tackling

How we have to tackle a situation can be an iterative process, which is like applying agile approach to the learning.

1.GOAL

Develop an understanding of salesforce ecosystem by achieving a Expeditioner rank and [because I have development background], I would like to target the Platform Developer 1 certification.

1.APPROACH

I assumed that with 1.Goal, you are at the centre [Trailheads] of the a ecosystem, and community, certifications, events & projects are connecting dots that surrounds it.

Like a web application, I will recommend trails as an entry point, which will push you to one of the connecting dots of the ecosystem as you do them, and at times you will have to pull yourself back at the center again.

1.COMPLETION

It took me couple of months to acquire the mountaineer rank, and with support from trails, community and salesforce events like lightning tour, I completed the Dev 1 certification in August.

1.REFERENCES

a. https://trailhead.salesforce.com/users/00550000006yDdKAAU/trailmixes/prepare-for-your-salesforce-platform-developer-i-credential


c. Focus on Force

1.CELEBRATE

I am not working on a billable project, so each day is a bit of enjoyment, but as I passed the certification, I celebrated by not thinking about trails for a whole one week. 😅I did updated by resume and Linkedin with the Credential ID in the celebration week.


Confusion [Achieved the Dev I Certification]

From the center, I added a measurable point towards an edge dot [certifications] and pulled myself back to the center. I know that I have to push myself towards edge dot [projects] a bit more aggressively and simultaneously start working on a next connecting dot towards another edge dot as well [certification].

What should I do next ?

I talked to some of the mentors and realized that Dev I lays the foundation for an advance developer & designer. Though I realized that it is not enough for executing a successful project in a Salesforce Ecosystem and should be supplemented with team expertise & architectural direction.

I explored the requirements for designer & developer II, and administration study guide for few days. I understand that I have to stay at the center of trailheads for the time being.

Along with this, I have to get involved in the community & update the skills in my profile.

How should I proceed ?

Let’s stay optimistic first. Usually when I am reading a book, I may have to go back few pages from the bookmark to comprehend the storyline. So, I look back at my career progression and realized their is an state of being a designer, which is also specified in Salesforce Certification Pyramid [JourneyToCTA].

Let's just say that JourneyToCTA is quite far fetched goal, but I will focus on JourneyToDesigner.




2.GOAL

I am a ranger now, DEV I certified developer and understood that 2nd Goal by running the [Confusion::Situation::Tackling] methodology is towards Designer & Advanced Developer Certifications.

2.APPROACH
With 1.COMPLETION, I am feeling a bit of a trailblazer, and created a small circle around the center by progressing towards edge dots. I will continue to blaze trails, keep up my momentum with blogs & webinars, and start a JourneyToDesigner Series.


I am not going to worry about the Completion for the time being, and celebrate the successes of the community members and take motivation from them to make progress towards my takes.

1.COMPLETION
I am okay, just need to keep focusing.....[blah, blah, blah]🙊😼

1.REFERENCES

a) Start going through trail modules for Developer [Intermediate & Advanced Skill]
b) Join the Salesforce Architecture Community.

1.CELEBRATE

a) I had a soda & slice at Mulesoft Meetup in Atlanta Buckhead on 27-Aug-2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment